Sunday 29 March 2009

Using up more bits

Been knitting again!
This is the first beret I knitted from bits which I've
been wearing this winter.


This is the blue Colinette yarn (see previous post) made
into a beret. It's nice to knit with. I also made a pair of
fingerless gloves, proper gloves. Though I did have to buy
some more yarn. Luckily I managed to get a hank with the same
lot number from a lovely shop called Tangent Treasures.
Sue, the owner was very helpful and an enthusiatic
knitter and jewellery maker.



I'd got enough of one yarn to make a pair of fingerless
mitts. I saw an idea in a mail order catalogue some time
ago. Basically a straight tube with a slit for your thumb.
Very simple and easy to make and comfortable to wear.
I bought this multi-coloured yarn years ago and made of
gloves which wore out. I had the leftover yarn for ages.
The khaki yarn is by Jonelle (John Lewis), again, I've had
it for ages. The two yarns went together well and became
another beret.
It looks abit wierd from the top side but is okay when
it's on.

Now, this one uses 4 ply but two strands together.
A light khaki yarn runs through almost to the end when it
ran out. The other yarns are bits of a tweedy yarn by Rowan.



All the UFO's and knitting from bits that I'm not using
at the moment. Don't know what I shall so with them all
yet, but it was nice to knit again.
Still got some bits left. I'm going to have to get creative to
use them up. It can get annoying because I end up buying
more yarn to be able to use up bits then I have more bits
left.
Back to knitting!!
Bye...........................................