Friday 13 March 2009

Spring, Australia, autumn leaves

Spring is definitely in the air.
Walks at Calke - violas, grape hyacinths (I think), snowdrops
that are going over, chestnut trees coming into leaf, fungi and
stags that can hardly hold their heads up with the weight of
their antlers.....................





More goodies for Australia. I read another blog and followed a link
to here. This lady, Jan, has done so much, it spurred me on to do more.
Some months ago I was given a bag of polyester organza bits.
I embellished the bits onto a piece of polyester organza, then
machine embroidered over the surface. I machine embroidered
the leaf shapes using a sticky backed plastic shape to machine
round, then cut them out and machined some fine florists wire
down the centre. The fabric is similar to that of the Autumn Angel.
These leaves were made for a project in the States.



Bye.........................................