Thursday 19 March 2009

Spring, lambs, no more knitting UFO's

Spring is here, more sunshine, a bit warmer.
Gorgeous daffodils .............................
The lambing has started at Calke Abbey. This one was
born some time since Monday ....................
So were these ............................
This one was born in the last 24 hours ...........................
And this pair were just born ...........................cute or what!
I had a large Ikea blue bag in a corner in the lounge,
containing a carrier bag full of knitting yarn, some knitting
needles, patterns and other related bits'n'bobs. In amongst
it all were a couple of UFO's.
Firstly, a finished pair of fingerless mittens and an
unfinished beanie hat - it only needed the seam stitching.
Took about 15 minutes to complete!
Don't know what to do with them now.
Secondly, a pair of fingerless mittens. One mitten
complete apart from the stitching up. The second mitten
needed a few rows taking out and the thumb shaping
sorting then just knitting up the fingers. Both then
needed stitching up. Job done.
It feels good to finish things off but there's always something
to replace the finished off things. I found this yarn in the big
blue bag. It's Colinette double knitting. I bought the brown
yarn to make a pair of fingerless mitts to go with a jumper
I knitted years ago in a chunky Colinette yarn.
The blue yarn, I think, was to make a gift of fingerless
mitts. I'll probably still make them.
I'll probably save this next lot of knitting for our holidays.
It's always fun knitting woolly gloves in June! Besides I've got
some other textiles to finish off before I start anything new -
famous last words! Oh and a few bits to so in the garden.
Bye .........................