Sunday 30 March 2008

It's finished

At last, it's finished, complete with sleeve and labels even packaging! Needed bit of help with the sleeve as I'd done a facing not a bound edge. The lady who organises the exhibition was very patient and helpful.
The sleeve. Thanks to the organiser and her help I'd even got some
wood in the garage the correct size which helped getting the sleeve right.
I spent 3 days whittling over one line of stitching trying to do the sleeve.
I didn't want to have any creases in the piece so I had to come up with
a way of dealing with it. It's a bit Heath Robinson but it works.
It's tied together with wide strips of soft calico so as not to leave any marks
on the quilt.I've got to buy some wheelie bin liners, they'll be big enough
to accommodate the lot without having any bits hanging out.
Got to try and keep on the good side of the team
who will be handling it at the exhibition, don't want to upset them.
They have enough to so as it is.

Just got to deliver to the venue next week and as long as we don't have six foot of snow, I don't envisage any problems. I could enter this into other shows, I think. I rooted out the info about the FOQ and was wondering, could I? I could, if I pulled my finger out and got cracking.We'll see.

'Congratulations' to Miriam, twice - job and module. I'm very pleased for you, on both counts.

Got to do some tidying up and chores now, just so I can make a mess again. Hope you remembered to change the clocks last night.

Bye.