Monday 24 March 2008

New toy, sneak preview

Just a little play with my new toy, daren' get too engrossed or my main piece of the moment won't get finished. I like it loads and can't wait to get to grips with it.

A fish tail. Finally got the fish onto the pebbles. I ended up using black bin liner for the eyes stitched on with some white rayon thread. Just got to piece it and finish it off by the weekend. I think it's going to be okay though you always think you could have done a better job. I should have pieced the fabric before I started quilting. too late now. I'll try it that way on the next piece, won't be fish though.
Can't show you the whole thing for a couple of weeks, then if you can't get to Trentham you can see it here. I'll try to get some more pics, better colours and hanging at the show.
Bye