Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas Presents

What do you get someone who has everything they need or
want?.....................Cushions!!!!
It gets more difficult every year deciding what to get people
doesn't it. I made these cushions for my OH's parents for
Christmas. I had the fabric printed with the images I'd taken
at different times. I just emailed the pictures and instructions
to the company. I only had a metre printed and I kept back a
couple of the large images for later. Space was filled in with
smaller images, each about 10cm square. They'll be used for
birthday cards and other gifts I'll make.
The fabric was steam fixed and they assure me it's fast. They've
produced it for upholstery projects and fashion fabrics.
I was impressed with the results.

The images were slightly different sizes, my fault. I had
to stitch a border round each image to make them all the
same size. Each large image was approximately 16 inches
square without the borders. I used 18 inch cushion pads.
I was pleased with the results and so were the recipients.
It was an interesting exercise and one I would consider again
for quilting purposes. I don't even do small scale printing at
home, we don't have an inkjet printer just a laser printer.