Friday 9 October 2009

New Pinny

I've been between major textile things because of the
garden but I have been busy-ish. I've been delving into piles
of fabrics and doing small projects or finishing off others.
It feels very virtuous to do these little things and the piles
are getting abit smaller, only abit though!

When I'm doing any thing messy I'm very bad at wiping my
hands down my sides. An ordinary pinny isn't substantial
enough. I was decided to re-purpose an old pair of jeans.
I seem to remember being inspired from a blog but for the
life of me I can't remember which one, so apologies for
having a bad memory and thank you for the inspiration.
I decided to make abit of a challenge out of it - to use as
much of the garment as possible and the only additional
item would be thread.
It took about an hour to de-construct the jeans sitting in the
garden in the September sunshine watching the resident
blackbird pottering about.
This was the result.............not a bad result, I think............


The front bib pocket........................
The neck strap formerly the waist band.............
The fastening at the back - more waistband..................and the
only 'extra' apart from the thread - a button for the fastening.......
The leftovers!