Sunday 13 September 2009

Gift, Patchwork

Back in April we went to see my OH's parents, they
weren't in but we were spotted by one of the neighbours.
This lady has always been a big knitter and sewer.
She gave me a large bag, said she was having a clear out
and could I make use of this?
Never one to say no, this is what I accepted.........




She had started this project back in the 70's using Laura
Ashley offcuts and adding other fabrics into the mix.
It was never completed and had been lurking in a cupboard
ever since. I was honest from the beginning and said that
I probably would never complete it either. She didn't mind
as long as it was used some how. She knows that I'm not
always traditional in my textiles!
I consider this a great gift - when you think of the hours of
work, the preparation all done by hand. Now, I don't want to
finish it but I do want to use it - is that bad?
As soon as I looked in the bag ideas started to form........