Sunday 24 August 2008

Change of scenery, thanks

Had a change of scenery today. Went out for Sunday lunch
at my mates house. He was very cautious with me but was
still pleased to see me. I still make a good look out post.

The other thing I forgot to say yesterday was 'thankyou' to all
the makers at the FOQ and all those invloved for making the show
possible. I know there are a lot of volunteers who we never see that
do a great job, including a team of firemen who are a godsend
with their cordless drills/screwdrivers, stepladders, size,
strength and humour.
I spoke to lady from Austria who has been coming to the FOQ from
the start. She comes for all four days with a group of friends.
Apparently they love the choice of fabrics and threads we have here.
Of course they have mail order but it's good to see and touch.
She did say that buying books is off limits due to the extra weight
for the flight home!
We are lucky in the UK it seems.

Bye .............................