Thursday 5 June 2008

Poetry walk, birds

Yesterday I met with a friend I haven't seen for over 10 years.
We met in Belper, had lunch at the River Gardens and then
went on Beth's Poetry Trail. Not really my thing or so I thought.
Have a look here so I don't have to explain it all,
www.bethspoetrytrail.co.uk. It was thoughtfully done with
appropriate choices of poems, materials and placement.
We had a lovely afternoon, both with the weather and
the company. Emily Dickinson on a pub (below) ......
This one is outside the Salvation Army in the market place ......
And this one is W B Yeats ine the Parks Nature Reserve.
Today I met another friend for a walk which we finished with a
cuppa at the kiosk. We had lots of company, a rather tatty looking
bluetit. It probably had a nest of babies somewhere.

A couple of chaffinches came along to find crumbs on

our table.

Bye.......