Saturday 17 January 2009

Street art, Autumn fairy, visitor

I saw this street art in an unexpected place, at our local shopping
centre. I think it's to do with prehistoric bones that were discovered
in the area some years ago. I like it. I'm not sure if it's fully
appreciated, at least it's not been damaged or defaced.

I made this piece of fabric a few weeks ago for a challenge with
the title 'Trees'. It is polyester organza embellished with more
organza and wool tops, then machine embroidered with text
related to trees - trees, autumn, colour, leaves. The challenge
was to make a piece that was predominantly hand stitched,
but I prefer machine stitching!
I then kept changing my mind as to what I was going to do
with it. I wanted to do something 3d and it had to be leaves.
After lots of thought I decided to combine this fabric with my
interest in art dolls and fairies. It's not a good photo, I'll do more
later. An excuse to practice with the new camera.
My four legged mate is visiting at the moment because
his mom and dad have a very bad virus and can't cope with
him. He came with his bed and a bag of stuff including an
unopened christmas present which turned out to be a
plastic chicken leg complete with sqeak. The sqeak didn't last
long, my other half took it into the garage and took a hammer
to it, the chicken leg, that is. Still popular with dog though.