Thursday 20 December 2007

Christmas towers

Hello again.
Thought I wouldn't manage to post again before Christmas.
I saw the towers in QA gift magazine and wanted to try the idea. I made this for my other half as a Christmas card. It's a flat pack tower, the beads along one edge act as buttons and there are corresponding loops for fastening. I feel it needs more perhaps some wire and beads at the top but maybe that will happen next year. I will use it again but not as a card.

I then decided to do a set of three towers, again flat packs. These are finished yet as I've got to put on the fastenings and any other decoration.
This is the tower flattened, right side showing.
The wrong side, not too bad, could almost use it as the right side.
I like the tower idea because you could use any favourite technique and adapt it to suit. The size and shape could be adapted. There are so many possibilties, my mind goes into overdrive!
Going to finish wrapping presies now!
Merry Christmas.