Tuesday 20 April 2010

Finishing

I finished my 'Word for 2010' at last. I was procrastinating
about finding the black car spray paint that I wanted to use
for the grafitti. I decided to use a very dark green as it was
handy, it looks black aswell. The test piece worked well,
just needed to remember to mask off the edges on the
main piece.
Just made one error(as ususal) on the wall. I'm cross because
I'd even remembered to keep the little bits that dropped out
when I cut the stencil. I even stitched on the hanging sleeve
which was already made. It's now hanging on the book shelves
being looked at!
I also finished some hand stitching for a couple of journal
quilts. It's a series of pieces based on buttons and buttonholes.
All I had to do was finish stitching the buttons - it's done now.
Just got the edges to deal with now.


I found this chap in the garden on Saturday afternoon.
I disturbed him and we eyeballed each other for quite
some time before he hopped off into Love in a Mist
seedlings that had survuved the winter.