Thursday 27 August 2009

Festival of Quilts 2

Whilst waiting to go into the show, you queue!
I chatted to some really nice people in the queue each day
I was there.

I'm always drawn to pieces with figures, parts of figures or
impressions of figures. It's probably because I am useless
at figure drawing of any description.
This is a detail from Laura Kemshalls winning quilt
'Pearl Essence' ................ I love this piece 'Friendship' by Susan Chapman .................

Bente Kultorp Andresen 'Tango' - a great piece.............
Gill Theokritoff of Region 10 'Karma' a very clever
piece .............................
'Portrait of my life' by Sonja Thalen-Maat is a miniature!
A detail of 'Sikh and Find' by Helen Godden shows amazing
detail..........................
'Growing' by Patricia McCurdy is a thoughtful piece ................
These few pics show the diversity of work using the human
figure as its inspiration.
Hmm............lots to think about.