Monday 27 October 2008

Fish return, first stitching, kimono top

The fish have been away on holiday at Sutton Hoo. The packaging
was damaged but the quilt wasn't, thank goodness.
I've actually done some stitching. Two years ago at the Festival
of Quilts I bought some Japanese fabric with the intention of
making a kimono style top. Well, I drafted a pattern and started
making it in June/July and I've finally finished it. I only needed
to do the hemming. It only took about 20 minutes.


It's even got proper sleeves. I shall be using this pattern again
and adapting it.I can never do the same thing twice!
To top everything at the moment the washing machine died
last week, it wouldn't spin. It needed new brushes...........
sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I don't.
The engineer, a nice chap called Terry, came this morning and
fixed it.

Told you it'd be a long one ............... Bye!