Monday 28 July 2008

Sun, shopping bags and sale

I put our big brolly up on Sunday morning with the intention of sitting
outside but it was too hot. I caught this sleek black thing catching
some shade under the bench which was under our brolly!
I wanted to contribute to the Bag Tombola at the FOQ at the NEC
in August but not being a patchworker was at a loss at what to do.
I eventually decided to make a shopping bag and make a pouch
for it. I hope it will be good enough. The shopping bag was made
from some poly/cotton and I made sure the seams were double
stitched and the handles strong. The pouch was made by layering
some furnishing fabric (left over from the doorstop), some orange
poly/cotton and some polyester voile for slippiness then free
motion stitching the layers together just following the design on
the fabric.

I saw this in the supermarket today when it was sweltering outside

at 9.30am and it tickled me. I wonder if they'll return to full price when

we get the showers that are forecast this week.

I've been doing abit of dressmaking at last, no photos yet. Soon......

Bye .......................