Friday 2 November 2007

Dyeing and colour!

Decided I needed to do some more dyeing. I found out why my colours were pale and yukky back in the summer. The dyes were old and past their best. Luckily I'd got some new ones. I've learned from this - I just have to do more dyeing, more often!

The results of my labours........


The first results, some good pieces but too much white. Some over dyeing is needed, will show the results later.

Just some close ups.......


After doing this, the tidying up and putting some laundry in the machine to do ( thought I'd better do some) I decided to go to a lovely place nearby called Staunton Harold. Had lunch sitting outside -it's November, no coat or gloves! Then went for a (short) walk to the lakes in front of the house and this is what I found..................

Enough to bring a smile!

The photo doesn't so it justice, the colours were much better.




On the way home I decided to call at another nice place, Melbourne Pool.


A Ginko tree, never knowingly seen one before.
It's lovely at the moment.
Got lots to think about with this blogging business, hopefully the next one will be better! ....and I'll
have rinsed the over dyed fabric.